Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Strong Reminder to myself

I would like to remind myself that if I only taking into consideration of my personal interest without taking into consideration other parties interest, it is quite impossible I can struck a deal. Only when I can create a win win situation, everybody happy and then the deal can more possible be done.

I would further like to remind myself that even if a win win situation is created, if the opposite party only has in mind his personal interest and don't care about other people interest, I may be pushed to the detrimental losing position if I am too soft hearted. The situation can be quickly turn from I am offering a good deal to other and to myself to a situation where other party get all the good deal while myself decline into losing end.

It is very easy to get into such a bad situation if it involve emotion like:
1. I am too desperate into the deal.
2. I am over optimistic about the long term benefit of the deal
3. I am over hopeful of the understanding of opposite party.
4. I am underestimate of the cunning of opposite party. (Opposite party pretend to completely ignore all the consequences of not entering into the deal and try to exploit all the advantages the deal that come to him.) I become an obvious dumb or "Sui Yu" to him.

End in end, I am too naive to believe that people will help each other to create a better environment for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Deal has to be clearly written in black and white. No matter who the opposite party is even is family member when related to money. Else, different interpretation and even deal structure itself will change

    ReplyDelete