Friday, September 10, 2021

Resume writing after Aug 2014

It had been such a long time since my last post in Aug 2014. I was finally offered a job in an asset management company in the capital city of Malaysia Kuala Lumpur. This was like a dream come true since I quit my engineering job in 2011 trying to shift career field into investment. The transition was not smooth. After i quit my engineering job, I ended up working for a Hong Kong valuation company and was tasked to work alone from my house to help them explore Malaysia market. I was struggling in those 3 years of doing business development work. I am introvert by nature, and with no business connection in Malaysia corporate world. After several times of failed interview from a few asset management companies, i nearly give up as all the asset management companies i knew already rejected me or no reply. Luckily this company called Pheim Asset Management opened the door for me into the investment industry. 

 Pheim Asset Management was a boutique independent asset management company. The boss Dr Tan Chong Koay is a very unique person as he likes to invest in undervalue stock. He is willing to hire people who is very interested in investment and very desperately wanting to switch career field, like me. This normally don't happen in other asset management company as the normal practise in the industry is they tend to hire people with experience within industry or with relevant educational background. 

 I started work in February 2015. I was already 32/33 year old. A similar age person as mine would have been worked for close to 10 years in this industry. I need to work hard to catch up. So..... I stop writing blog regularly..... And then i found facebook page which i can write just a few sentence when i have some thought (save a lot of time). 

 It is quite amazing that my writing actually never stop. But just become shorter and quote base. Now i want to resume writing blog base format again. This is to resume writing practise, to record down what i see, learn, think, feel regularly in a more complete manner. So i can track my path and may be someday i can compile it into books in later part of my career or stage of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment