Friday, August 12, 2011

Market volatility VS my emotion volatility



In a week, the volatility index of US S&P500 rose to 40, highest since the height of financial crisis in end of 2008 when the Dow swing over 1000 point in a day. Now it is less than half of it, market swing 4, 5 hundreds in a day.

Market was up a day and down a day, prompting more short seller to take opportunities in market that governed by uptick rule. If this is true, market may continue this pattern, up a day, down more the next day, keep going down until ..... I hope I am smart enough to know.

Obviously I am not immune to it. I am risk adverse too as my inner emotion swing follow the market, and couldn't found peace. The market is getting cheaper but obviously I am fearful to be caught up buying into perhaps only the start of bear market, because I don't have much bullet in hand. Therefore, I am not qualify for Warren Buffet strategies, Be fearful while others are greedy, be greedy while others are fearful.



No comments:

Post a Comment